Health & Wellness
Preventative Advice for a Happy & Healthy Future
We are at our best when we feel our best. In order to successfully live each day to its absolute fullest, we need to feel both physically and mentally well. Wellness is something that mankind has always strived for in our efforts to achieve power and longevity.
So what is “wellness”? The dictionary defines it as:
- The quality or state of being healthy in body and mind, especially as the result of deliberate effort; and
- An approach to healthcare that emphasizes preventing illness and prolonging life, as opposed to emphasizing treating diseases.
At SoLive, we believe that being healthy and happy is one of the best preventative measures against illness. How wonderful would it be if we were able to conquer cancer and other diseases by not getting them in the first place? Wellness practices may be the best “medicine” of all.
Paying attention to your mind, body, and diet will set you up for a long and healthy future.
Below are some things that you can work on making habitual to incorporate a more positive state of mind:
- Practice gratitude – This bit of knowledge has been taught by the wise since the beginning of recorded time. Why? Because it works. Being grateful and expressing gratitude for life and all that it offers creates a positive magnet of more things to be grateful for.
- Smile – Even if you do not feel like it, just smile. Not only can a smile physically and mentally change your being in a positive way, it is infectious, positively changing the well-being of those around you.
- Be aware of your mental power – Give yourself credit; you have a beautiful mind and existence, capable of many things. Know that you can change your negative state of mind to a positive one just by deciding to. This is a wonderful power that no one can take away from you.
- Rest – In today’s society, we are constantly on the go with information flooding our minds during every waking hour. Even magnificent machines need to rest for proper functionality. From getting sufficient REM sleep to simply turning off your phone, TV, and any other technology around you, allow time for your mind to rest.